Friday 22 July 2011

Going without the good stuff...


So I have decided, starting Monday, July 25th 2011, to attempt going 7 days without drinking any pop or caffeinated beverages. It should be easy to steer clear of the coffee and energy drinks seeing as I don't normally drink those anyways. However, when it comes to soda it is a completely different story. I have been avidly downing diet Pepsi and diet Coke for as long as I can remember. When I was in high school I remember my grandmother making such a big deal about switching my brother and I onto the 'diet cola', because we drank so much of the stuff. I am pretty confident in saying that I have drank at least 1 glass of pop every single day since around the age of 16, and I am now 24...

Water is so boring to me, I never really find myself wanting to drink water except for days when it's really hot and i'm extremely thirsty. Well, next week I am going to try and drink water every single day, no juice, no pop, no energy drinks, just water. I anticipate that it will bring about some amusing late night rants when I am suffering from my insomnia, which is why I created a blog, so that I can have that outlet and hopefully type out my frustration instead of reaching for the oh so delicious cold and refreshing beverage that I have adored for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment